Let's go K 2022!
The paradigm shift for our planet calls for new food for thought – also in the plastics and rubber industry.
Come and see us at the trade show!
Visit us: Hall 16 / B42
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Certificate DIN EN ISO 9001:2015
- Brochure Extrusion Tooling
- Brochure HELIBAR®
- Selected literature list HELIBAR®
- Brochure Medical Technologies
- Brochure Pipe Technologies
- Precision Bristle and Monofilament Extrusion Lines
- HELIBAR® Einschnecken-Extruder bringt Vorteile hinsichtlich Energieeinsatz, in Extrusion, 07/2014
- Lapp Kabel, in EXTRUSION, 09/2012
- Processing Technology Produces Catheter Tubes with Thermoplastic Resins
- Vakuum Regeleinheit EVS | Kunststoffe
- New Ecodesign
Here you will find some upcoming changes in the context of the new Ecodesign Directive.
The Ecodesign Directive- also known as ErP Directive, prescribes new minimum efficiency levels for electric motors and reduces the existing exceptions.
Machinery with electric motors sold within Europe, have to fulfill from the 1st of July the higher requirements to the energy efficiency.
In the context of this directive, a number of questions have been put to us, which are answered by way of example in the following part:
Which electric motors are meant exactly?
Induction motors without carbon brushes, commutators, grinding rings or electric rotor connections, designed for a operation at a sinusoidal tension and
- Exhibit two, four, six or eight poles;
- Have a rated frequency of 50 Hz, 60 Hz or 50/60 Hz;
- Have a rated tension of more than 50 V and up to 1.000 V;
- Have a rated output power of 0,12 kW up to and including 1.000 kW;
- Are designed for continuous operation and are intended directly for operations on the public electricity grid.
What are the main changes to the previous scope of the ecodesign directive?
Meanwhile spare parts are excluded with the new Ecodesign Directive, some significant exceptions will be removed with taking into effect on 1st of July 2021:
- In future, electric motors with brakes will be included in the scope.
- Also electric motors which are operated at the inverter will be affected in the future from the Ecodesign Directive.
This does not apply if the electric motor
- Can only be operated on the inverter or if it is not in continuous operation.
- In future, electric motors which are not operated in continuous operation will only be covered by the exceptions if
they are designed for operating modes S3 or S6 with less than 80% duty cycle.
- Additionally, for the first time, electric motors with a rated output below 0,75 kW are also affected by the Ecodesign
Directive and must meet minimum efficiency levels according to IE2.
How are spare parts affected by the Ecodesign Directive?
Non-compliant electric motors are allowed until 1st of July 2029 as a replacement for such engines which have been integrated into a machine until 1st of July 2022 and placed on the market. The intended use must be clearly indicated.
- All extruders and extrusion lines currently offered by EXTRUDEX Kunststoffmaschinen are equipped with IE3 (or similar) motors, in accordance with the
- directive valid from 1st of July 2021.
- Motors according to IE2 (or similar) will only be installed at the explicit request of the customer and can be delivered until 30.06.2021.
- For existing machines with IE2 (or similar) motors, spare motors can be ordered at any time until June 2029.
EXTRUDEX develops and produces the world's first sheathing line for copper-lamella-based power rails.
- Trailblazing Innovation
EXTRUDEX develops and manufactures the world's first multilayer extrusion line for production of 3 to 6 layer tubing with an overall wall thickness of only 0.275 mm.
- EXTRUDEX celebrates its 30th anniversary.
- Generation change at EXTRUDEX
Following 30 years of success under the leadership of Mr Helmut Wahl, the company made careful preparations for a change in management which took place in February 2015. Mr Christoph Scabell, Mr Wahl's successor who will continue the EXTRUDEX success story with the same entrepreneurial spirit, took over the helm at that time.